Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Circuit art magazine

"Masochist Lullaby" (a poem)
I have stopped counting sheep
when the last one
was driven over
as it jumped across
a four-lane street
to come and help me sleep

Efficient infrastructure
effectively killed all my sheep
No stop sign No red light
cars and busses cars more cars
get diverted through my auditory canal
cars and busses cars cars more cars
fast and hollow they thunder
in my ears from left to right
No stop sign No red light
through my auditory canal

I wish they would run out of petrol
have no more oilfields to refill
no cars no busses no cars no cars no cars
I finally lay down to sleep
and dream of counting sheep

© Sandra Pfeifer
Circuit, Issue 11, June 2006

The poem was published together with another poem of mine, "The Ghost of John Fante", in the art magazine that changes its title with every edition, each paying tribute to the many splendid fonts invented to imbed mankind's genial brain-offspring. After expressing their content in Chicago, Plotter, Helvetica, Univers, Tiffany, Circuit ... you can get the latest issue in Vienna (Secession), Berlin (Pro qm), Lausanne (Circuit), Munich (Ben Kaufmann) or by writing to the editorial - a team of promising up and coming artists such as Christian Mayer, Christian Egger, Yves Mettler, Manuel Gorkiewiez, Magda Tothova....: zeitschrift@gmx.net

No comments: